Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas, Either way it's ok!

I see, online, many people voicing their opinions on the phrase Happy Holidays. Many Christians are upset and think that everyone should use the phrase Merry Christmas. Well I am here to tell you it does not matter which one you use, both are used to wish one well being during this time of the year, winter a cold darker time. How can wishing someone good tidings be bad? I do not see how. (and before I am labeled an Atheist I'll let you know I am a Christian.)
From a Christian perspective good tidings toward our fellow man should be considered a wonderful feeling. I mean the Angels themselves said they were bringing Good Tidings. They did not say Merry Christmas. Christmas did not come along till centuries after Jesus. Christmas is a holiday created by man with traditions of Christian and pagan origins. I do like the idea of Christ's Mass to celebrate God's gift, his Son, but I also know not everyone is a believer and you cannot force them to believe. And does it mean someone is pure evil if they do not believe? No, so why should we be upset if such a person wishes us a Happy Holiday? There is no reason to be. I would be upset if someone said you cannot say either phrase. I am glad we have freedom of religion, freedom of choice. I do not want someone saying I cannot believe in God or I have to do it a certain way.
Next time someone say Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas just know they are wishing you well, and well wishes are always good be they from a Christian or anyone.
So in closing I wish to say Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment