Monday, April 6, 2015

My Opinion of George R. R. Martin and Game of Thrones.

I will just say that the show, "Game of Thrones " is not my cup of tea. I have seen one episode and that was enough to put me off the series and the books it was based on. Way too much sex and violence so much so that erodes away the foundation of the story. Mr. Martin maybe trying to show the politics and turmoil in this little world he created but comes across as a weird teenage boy's demented fantasy. I can only imagine how his books are written as I refuse to subject myself to a psychotic's letter to Penthouse Forum.
What I find ironic is George R. R. Martin claimed conscientious-objector status during the Vietnam war. Now I have no problem with people who conscientious-objector status if that is their belief and truly deplore violence, but for someone to do so then write books that celebrate violence, especially sexual violence against women that really disgusts me. No respect here for Mr.  Martin. What do the R's stand for, Rampage and Rape?

No comments:

Post a Comment