Thursday, August 20, 2015

Drugs and spiritual hearing.

If you do not know I do not drink. It is not because I am an alcoholic it is because I choose not to drink. In truth I hate the buzz feeling and it is one reason I am hesitant to take painkillers or other stuff unless the pain is really bad. I also do not smoke pot although it is legal to do so in Washington state.
Now I am not saying anything against those who partake within reason, just do not do it and drive. I will say something about doing it to excess or getting involved with the really bad drugs. Let me tell how I see things below.
Now we all are spiritual creatures of God's creation whether we believe in him or not. Now just like our physical body our spiritual body has ears and can hear. This hearing is how we receive the message of the Lord and it is how our spiritual counselor, God's Holy Spirit, talks to us. It's a great thing and to hear this way is more beautiful they the most artistically created musical masterpieces of man.
Now just like our ears there things that can make it hard for us to hear the Spirit, the noises of a life away from the Way of the Lord is one, the sinful life. Now there are also things that can act as spiritual ear muffs. Excessive drinking and drug use can tend to really make it hard to Listen to the Spirit. Now with that voice pretty much dampened out we tend to lose our direction an stray from the path where other noises pop up and lead us further astray. Now I am not saying God cannot overcome that noise, he can overcome anything with a voice louder than thunder from the clouds. No, God is waiting for a time when you are not so distracted by the noises of sin that you will not only hear but pay attention to what is being said to you. When our these time? Maybe, most likely I would say, when a person comes down from a high and crashes to the ground, when you feel the worst depression, lower than low. That is the Thunder telling you to listen to what comes next, be it direct from the spirit or someone who reached out to you or you have reached out to them. Listen, and make way for the Lord for he shall restore you spiritual body so you many listen further to the Glorious voice that is the Holy Spirit.
What I hope you take away from this is that you do not do anything that dampens your spiritual hearing. I am not saying not to drink and such but to do so in moderation.
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment