Saturday, August 22, 2015

To Westboro Baptist Church (Hate Group)

Westboro Baptist Church. There are three problems I can with this so called "church"'s name. I will address the two lesser problems first. I am sure the majority of the residence of the Westboro neighborhood of Topeka Kansas would want nothing to do with a group that spouts such hate and probably would like "Westboro" dropped from its name. If you are reading this, anyone from Westboro Baptist Church, do the neighborhood a favor and drop "Westboro" from your name.
Problem number two. Now I went to a Southern Baptist Church as a child and have attended a few since then and never did I hear hate preached like "Westboro Baptist Church" never heard any. Now I know there are a few Baptist organization out there and,  as I understand it, none want to be associated with you Westboro Baptist Church because of your hate. Come on do all the Baptists a favor and drop Baptist from your name.
Now her is the most important one I believe. Jesus did not preach hate nor did he send out disciples to preach hate. I do know he did not like the hypocrisy of the Jewish leaders at the time but he did not hate them, he prayed for them even as the had him crucified. Jesus also ate with sinners and taught them the Good News. I am sure many turned away from sin with his gentle teaching for his burden is light in contrast to the burden of sin. I have never seen were Christ condemned someone to death. He saved a sinner from death by stoning. Now Jesus loves all even sinners, he doesn't like the sin. Now Jesus can only do what he sees the Father, his Father do. What does this mean? It means God loves all including sinners. Now if God hated sinners do you think he would have sent his Son to die for our Sins? Would not make sense unless he loved us All.
Now I am not sure why but I think you do not understand the Word because you probably don't have the Word, Jesus, in your heart. I pray one day you do. Just one last think. Church to me is the Holy Body of the communion of those who accept Christ as their savior and try very hard to live a life according to his teaching and part of that is to not hate but Love thy Neighbor and forgive. I see that you seem not to fit into this definition of the Church so can you do a favor for us that do, take church out of your name.
Ok, if you take all the words I recommend you take out of your name, Westboro Baptist Church, out of your name you won't have a name. Hmmm can't have that it would be bad for the press. I have it! Like so many things you can name yourself after the actions that define you. You spout hate and your a group, so your new name is "Hate Group". Now with this new name you will not taint others.

No comments:

Post a Comment