Friday, February 27, 2015

Sometimes days just suck. Remember God will get you through.

The first thing I find out today was Leonard Nimoy died. Mr. Nimoy was one of my favorite actors, I loved him in Star Trek like everyone else but I seen him other things. I remember him playing the Prophet Samuel in a TV miniseries and he was excellent. I guess he was special to me because I watched Star Trek as a child and I loved Mr. Spock's intelligence. Star Trek stimulated my imagination and that is important for any child. I also tried to learn as much as I could because I wanted to be like Spock. Today I feel like I lost a part of my childhood. While Mr. Nimoy has passed his memory will never pass. Rest in Peace Mr. Nimoy and thank you for all you have given us.
Another bit of bad news occurred later in the day, my Great Uncle Bob on my dad's side past away. This was another part of my childhood that has passed. The only time I met my Uncle Bob was when I was a child living in Missouri during the 1970's. I remember Uncle Bob as a nice man. I remember it as being one of my favorite times in my childhood. 
The day seemed to suck, well it does. While people in my life have passed, one related to me and one I  never met, I will have their memory and I am greatful to God for that. I pray the Lord welcomes them into his loving arms.
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment