Tuesday, March 3, 2015

If I win the lotto I am going to get.....But where is the help?

I, like many of you, have dreamed of hitting it big in the lottery or some other way. The first thing that most of us do is think of what we will buy; the new house, car, trips, boats or other things we desire, we even think of what we will do for family. Something most of us do not do is think of what we would do to help others not related to us that are going through tough times. It is sad and a little selfish I guess.
Maybe we should consider what we could do for others before we do for ourselves. Lifting up another is probably one of the noblest things we can do in the eyes of the Lord. The Word tells us a couple thing that should key us to help others. First we should use the treasures here on earth to help others so we, and they, may enjoy the treasures of heaven. We should also give freely without need of acknowledgement from man so the gift is seen as truly from the heart. We should give freely as the widow who gave from her poverty. Plus it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than a rich man to enter the gates of Heaven, so do not be greedy or give begrudgingly.
As a parent one of the things that has provided happiness is when I gave my children gifts, I can say you get the same feeling helping out others. Helping others makes this a better world and what better gift to give to your children and their's than a better world.
You do not have to win big to help other you just need to give what you can. It need not be money you give it can be anything that will help someone, food, advice, or even a smile.
Well I hope these blogs give a little to those in need, I pray they do. 
P.S. I would still not mind a new car, house, or boat for fishing, but If I ever make it big I plan to will those to charity
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment