Tuesday, March 3, 2015

When confessing to the Lord inquiring minds do not need to know.

One of the things I have learned since I was a child was to ask the Lord for forgiveness for sins I have committed and strength to not repeat those sins. I confess my sins to the Lord and ask forgiveness of Christ Jesus to this day. Now, did you say to yourself "I wonder what sins he committed?" You probably did and that is a natural reaction but not exactly correct, and here is why. Unless what I did involved you then it pretty much does not concern you, it is between me and the Lord. I mean does you knowing what sin someone did have an effect on you? No. The why do you need to know? It is that darn curiousity thing and today's tabloid type culture. I am not saying you are a bad person just that it really does not concern you if your not involved. Here I am talking God's laws and not man's law though a few overlap like killing, stealing, and such. Now if you are a criminal some people would need to know what you did for employment and safety reasons.
I am not a Catholic and I will not address their procedure for confession, in that case the person hearing the confession is acting as a go between for God and the confessor and is bound not to repeat what they heard. I am talking confession to God, to the Lord and no one else to ask forgiveness. Confession need not be a tabloid affair, it should be a child asking forgiveness from their Father for a wrong committed. I do say when you confess and ask forgiveness from God be sincere and committed to mending your ways.
Lastly, I want to say that if you harm another then do confess it to that person or persons and ask forgiveness along with asking the Lord.
Remember also, that you need to be like the Lord in forgiving of others. Do not carry a grudge and do not retaliate by broadcasting the incident. If you have trouble with this then turn to the Lord and ask guidance.
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment