Sunday, July 3, 2016

A break from politics and pointing out how rediculous Trump is. Back to writing!

It seems I need to make a change and take a break from reading all the negative political crap that has been going on this election year. I need to get back to what I like to do. I mean, what can I accomplish blogging about how bad trump is besides giving myself an ulcer.
So what will I be doing? Writing and making custom knives plus a gold prospecting trip now and again. Tomorrow, July 4th, I intend to start posting a novel that combines my love of history and science fiction. No, it will not have historical figures killing vampires or traveling through time.
A few years ago I started writing a story about a rebellion that takes place in space. It is not Star Wars, there are no mystical beings with magical powers. It will be much like our war of independence but with a civilization with advanced technology but with traditions and beliefs like that of the colonial error. And like that era a key factor will be great distance between the colonies and the powers that control them. There will be no instant communication through sub-space. Travel between systems will take weeks and months. The weapons will not be lasers or phasers that have an endless power supply but they will be more advanced than firearms of today. The tactics will be similar to the line warfare of the 18th century. Spaceships will fight broadside to broadside like the age of fighting sail. To board a ship during battle will require spacesuits since there will be so transporter.
I plan on posting a new chapter every week or two until the completed novel is on the blog. I will leave the novel online for a few months afterward then remove it from my blog. I intend to sell the novel as an ebook and follow it up with other novels that deal with the fight for independence.
The name of the first novel "The Thunderhead Rebellion ".
If you read it please comment because everything helps.
Thanks,
Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment