Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pulling a block from the quarry.

Well here I am a few days removed from self-publishing my first novel online and now I am ready for my next project. Now it is time to find the perfect literary stone to carve the perfect literary statue.
Today I went into my quarry today expecting to have to cut out a new block to work with when I realized I have a couple of blocks waiting around for the sculptor to start working the stone. Well I looked at one, saw the stone had weathered some but otherwise it was solid with no cracks, a perfect stone, marble of my imagination that I could shape, polish, and refine to form a master piece. (I am glad the block is just a concept because if it was real stone I'd be suffering from back problems and a hernia.) I lifted the block and brought it to my studio and now I will begin the work and in the end I pray will become a work of art, a thing of beauty. I leave you now, my mallet and chisel in hand ready to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment